oh my gosh! i’m actually doing a tag today!
1. awkward first date: a book where something felt off. it wasn’t a bad book, just lacked that spark for you.
2. cheap first date: a book that turned out less than you expected
3. well prepared first date: a book that was better than you expected.
4. hot but dumb: a pretty book, but not so hot on the inside.
5. blind date: a book you picked up not knowing anything about.
6. speed dating: a book you read super fast
7. the rebound: a book that you read too soon after a book hangover and it kind of ruined that book for you.
8. overly enthusiastic date: a book you felt was trying too hard.
9. the perfect first date: a book that did everything right for you.
10. humiliating first date: book you’re embarrassed to be seen reading in public/to say you like
11. the second date: a sequel you are most excited to read.
while Illuminae wasn’t exactly what i expected it to be, i’m still FREAKING HYPE to dive into Gemina!! the format that the book is told in (diagrams, texting, audio transcripts, etc) is so quick and fun to read, and i definitely want to read more from the world of Illuminae.