hellooo beautiful people.
to quote myself in one of my earlier monthly wrap-ups, “it’s that time of the month again. that’s right. the end.”
i’m super excited to share with you my reflections and reveries from the month of september a) because september was a super eventful and busy month and b) because i feel like i haven’t talked enough with you guys this month! ( there was that unplanned week long hiatus in the middle of the month,, )
well, to say that i didn’t do much reading this month would be an understatement. it took me nearly three weeks to finish a book. THREE WEEKS DID YOU HEAR ME?? that’s almost unheard of in madeline reading history. i wish that i could have read more, but then again, i really didn’t have time and to spend time i didn’t have on reading would’ve been ridiculous (and impossible). i guess technically this month was worse for reading even than last month (in which i read 4 books)?? but this month was a matter of time and august was a matter of motivation, so i would consider them even.
the f/f romance representation was done incredibly well but the middle dragged and i got bored. also world building was not good. BUT FEMINIST.
OK WOW I LOVED THIS. it felt super long at some points of my reading experience, but i loved kvothe and his sass and everything about this basically. i love books that take place at magical schools.
seeing as i didn’t read very much at all in september, i’m going to be rather conservative with my tbr. hopefully i can get to some of these, but i definitely don’t expect to read them all!
Wicked Like A Wildfire by Lana Popović (STILL currently reading as of early september. ugh.)
Otherworld by Kirsten Miller and Jason Segel (dystopian and sounds like warcross)
The Girl With the Red Balloon by Katherine Locke (cold war and time travel and sounds interesting)
Turtles All the Way Down by John Green (UMM JOHN GREEN and ocd rep. i’m excited to say the least)
Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman (HALF ASIAN REP YASSSS. i’ve heard such great things!!)
september was a very uneventful month for blogging. i wish that i could’ve posted and interacted more, but as i’ve mentioned, NO TIME.
i took a week long unplanned hiatus as i adjusted to my school schedule and workload. it’s been difficult so far to keep up with my blogging schedule, but not impossible if i get everything done on the weekends. that’s the name of the game.
top posts of the month
(click to visit these posts!)
around the internet
- UM LEIGH BARDUGO IS COMING OUT WITH A WHOLE SERIES ABOUT MY ACTUAL FAVE NIKOLAI. (!!!)
- may @ forever and everly reviewed starfish by akemi bowman and it looks completely amazing. (she also just came back from her hiatus)
- vivian @ day dreamer, night thinker is ALSO BACK FROM HIATUS
- beth @ reading every night did the stationery book tag
- alexandra @ twirling pages reviewed Warcross by Marie Lu and made me want to read it even more
- ilsa @ a whisper of ink explained all the reasons that fantasy is the best genre ever
um that’s all i can think of right now bc i was so disconnected this month
- SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL
- HOMEWORK HOMEWORK HOMEWORK
- MEETING TONS OF NEW PEOPLE
- BUT ALSO LOTS OF FUN AND FARMER’S MARKETS
- CROSS COUNTRY MEETS AND RUNNING
- and that about sums up my life this month.
- oh and i listened to a lot of podcasts on the way to cross country meets this month. namely, Dear Hank and John. aka the most madeline podcast i’ve ever listened to.
fave music of the month
“radio” by lana del ray
“grow” by conan gray
“someday” by MIMI
“alaska” by maggie rogers
“dog years” by maggie rogers
“riptide / we don’t believe what’s on tv (cover)” by abbiee
“watch” by billie eilish
“party favor” by billie eilish
“never be like you” by flume
“idle town” by conan gray
from last month
- keep blogging, even when school starts. BUT prioritize school WAY more than blogging. ✓ (mostly at least)
- read at least a couple books. ✓ (um just barely. i read exactly two books)
- DRINK WATER. madeline, the fact is you most definitely feel better when you drink a lot of water SO JUST DO IT. ✓
- move into my dorm and make it feel homey. ✓
- KEEP AN OPEN MIND. everything is changing this month, but it’s going to be so much more fun if you keep and open mind and aren’t too uptight. ✓ (not totally sure that i fulfilled this one but close enough?)
- fix some things about my blog theme! (there are still a lot of issues that i need to resolve.) ✘ (didn’t get around to this)
- REVIEW MORE BOOKS ON GOODREADS. ✘ (nope not at all)
for this month
- as always, keep blogging. try to post two times a week??
- DRINK THAT WATER.
- read at least two books.
- keep up with and be ahead of (when i can) my schoolwork.
- improve at math.
- settle into my school schedule a little more.
- be a kind person and meet new people.
omg guys how was your month?? anything particularly exciting happen? did you start school like i did?? what are your goals for october?? TELL ME ABOUT YOUR LIVES.