and we’re back to ANOTHER monthly recap! i swear, the months go by so so fast these days.
this was such an exciting month for me both in a blogging sense and a real life sense. it’s finally getting chilly here in new hampshire, but not really as cold as i was thinking it would be?? CLIMATE CHANGE IS A THING, PEOPLE.
i was feeling strangely writerly the second part of the month, and i’ve had a lot of ideas for novels lately, but i haven’t had time to sit down and properly develop them. currently i’m stuck on the idea of a retelling of dr. jekyll and mr. hyde, except gender-swapped and with some other representation involved. i wish i could do nano, but maybe i’ll write it sometime in the summer of 2018??
*in which i totally ignore the tbr i set for myself last month*
october was a better month for reading than september, but still not great. at this point in the school year, i know i have some gaps for free time here and there which i should be using for reading,, but no. unfortunately i choose to do other things.
pretty good!! i loved the f/f representation and the writing! but it was hard to get to know shizuka and i got bored at times
WOWOWOW I LOVED THIS. i read it in a single night and loved it. it’s so easy to get into, and from what i’ve heard, the rep of mental illness is super good.
eep i was so excited to get this arc in the mail!! the cover is gorgeous 😍 i loved how creepy the first part of the story was, but the second part didn’t measure up unfortunately. i also didn’t love the writing. (full review coming soon)
ehhh. it was entertaining but i didn’t find it to be very memorable. and the twist at the end was rather predictable.
*another list of books which i will probably not end up reading*
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz ( a buddy read i’m doing soon )
Starfish by Akemi Bowman (this should be arriving in the mail today!)
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (a reread)
The Secret History (pffft bc i love it so much and gotta get into that ~fall aesthetic~ mood)
(maybe) Vicious by Victoria Schwab (WOW another reread bc i’m in the mood to relive my faves)
most notably, i had my one year blogaversary this month!! wooooo!! i have a GIVEAWAY going on currently until november 15, so check it out here if you haven’t already.
top posts of the month
(click to go to the post!)
around the internet
- OMGGGG cait @ paper fury is publishing her debut novel in june of 2018!!!! i don’t think i’ve ever been so excited!!
- maggie stiefvater found a wolf-dog and it’s the cutest thing ever.
- the Simon Vs. Homo Sapiens movie has a new title: Love, Simon.
- the collector edition of ADSOM came out yesterday!!
- book twitter drama
- just lots of book twitter drama
- aaand i mysteriously disappeared from the blogosphere this month… i’m having trouble remembering posts i enjoyed reading…
- also, i started co-blogging at Twirling Pages!! just to add to my commitments.
- LOTS OF MATH HOMEWORK
- LOTS OF PAPERS AND ESSAYS
- i got to see my parents after more than a month of being away from them!
- more cross country meets
- and that means more listening to Dear Hank and John on the way to xc meets
- i think it’s finally getting colder?? #yesss
- my family got a new puppy! but i’m not at home right now to cuddle with it :((
- i go home for thanksgiving in approximately 3ish weeks. i’m excited.
- yesterday was halloween. i totally forgot that it was happening. ergo, no costume unfortunately.
fave music of the month
“funeral” by phoebe bridgers
“you missed my heart” by phoebe bridgers
“motion sickness” by phoebe bridgers
“radio” by lana del ray
“secret for the mad” by dodie clark
“up in flames” by coldpay
“how big, how blue, how beautiful” by florence + the machine
“6/10” by dodie clark
“st jude” by florence + the machine
“third eye” by florence + the machine
“queen of peace” by florence + the machine