hey guys. *very tiredly* it’s been quite a week.
i can’t believe that january is nearly over! it’s crazy. it’s been such a long but also short month!
the header in the above picture represents my want to go to the beach, despite the fact that we just went back to school.
i realized it’s been a while since my last morning musings post, and this seemed like a great week to do it! reading was actually not my greatest priority this week, and i’m kinda out of ideas at the moment.*
here we go. here’s a little about the past few weeks.
*that’s kind of a lie. i have ideas but i don’t feel like using them right now.
- i broke my PR for the mile this week during a track meet!! i FINALLY ran a sub six minute mile, and i AM SO EXCITED. my new PR is officially 5:55.28! i really want to get my time down to 5:45 in the outdoor track season this year, and then down to 5:30 at some point in the next year.
- i finished Heartless by Marissa Meyer last weekend! i know that some people haven’t loved it all that much, but i thought that it was really fun! i kinda loved Jest, and i also really enjoyed learning about the Queen of Hearts’ past! would totally recommend.
- blueberry muffins for breakfast this week! yep. i’m one of those people who is made happy by the simplest things. my sweet sister made blueberry muffins this week which are absolutely delicious, and really made my week great!
- mellow mushroom for dinner last night. i’m seeing a food theme. running does make you hungry though. again, the simple things make me the happiest.
- officially less than a month until my bday! i’m hoping to get some books.
- indoor track is over. this isn’t necessarily that bad of a thing since outdoor track starts in a couple weeks, but it still makes me sad. it was a really good season!
- math. need i say more? IT’S JUST SO FRUSTRATING SOMETIMES. is anyone else learning about circumcenters/incenters/centroids/etc in geometry? just no.
- essays. apparently, all the teachers got together and decided to give us all the papers at one time. woot.
- i just wanna read all the time 🙁 but apparently there’s this thing called responsibility?
- literally no time to write this week. i’ll try to work it into this weekend, but i’m unsure whether it’s gonna happen or not…
- this kinda isn’t a goal but i’m learning to pole-vault next week! i’m really excited to learn! i’m a former gymnast, and i’m hoping that i will take to it easily-ish.
- finish all those darn papers. and also do well on them.
- do the math correctly. gosh darn it. i will figure the math out.
- do some core work now that indoor track is over. i have a good amount of time now to get some core workouts in now (which is very important to pole-vaulting)!