heyheyhey. happy holidays!!
guyssss i’m sorry. i was going to try to post regularly in december, but then school and business and 80 MILES OF RUNNING (i’m tryna get to 100 this month) HAPPENED AND WHERE DID DECEMBER GO.
it’s that time of year again! i’m doing one of my favorite types of posts– my fave books of the year! this was actually my first year doing a goodreads challenge (my goal was 60 books), and that really motivated me to find + read so many amazing books!!
i ended up reading a total of 82 books, which was so many more than my original goal!! i’m proud of myself and super glad that i read so many of them early in the year. fall was a rough time for reading..(and blogging…) THERE WERE SO MANY FRICKING AMAZING BOOKS THIS YEAR. here are a few of them in no particular order*. bolded titles are my VEEERY favorites of the year.
*described in bullet points because #lazy and i don’t feel like being eloquent. this may or may not be coherent. beware.
01. Scythe by Neal Shusterman
- ummm the only SUPER AMAZING dystopia i’ve ever read tbh
- EXISTENTIAL CRISIS
- death death and more death; no really. it’s about people who are employed by the government with killing people
- THE ENDING I LOVE IT
- the second book is coming out soon so read the first one now you fiend
02. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
- wonderful characters and character development
- creepy small towns and a physic family i love it
- u need this in your life
- a badass feminist main character
- and a super tight group of friends
03. Shades of Magic by V.E. Schwab
- takes place in 4 alternate versions of london
- kell’s coat is the best
- WHITE LONDON IS SO CREEPY I LOVE IT
- the characters are really amazing. and so is the worldbuilding.
- A Conjuring of Light will make you cry
- possibly my fave books of all time??
04. The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- i recognize that everyone WILL NOT like this book
- it’s super pretentious and all the characters are really horrible people. but that’s what i love about it
- murder mystery without the mystery part
- again, ~fall aesthetics~
- henry winter is my spirit animal
- “asparagus is in season”
- it’s kind of like watching a train wreck that you can’t do any thing about
05. Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
- also kind of pretentious, in true john green fashion
- i didn’t think much of this book and i certainly didn’t expect to love it.
- but something about it resonated with me.
- mental illness rep. john green based it on his own experience with ocd.
- i finished it in one night.
06. Vicious by V.E. Schwab
- anti-heroes and villains
- MITCH, THE CINNAMON ROLL
- Dol, the cinnamon roll dog
- i can’t help it i ship victor and eli together
07. Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab
- victoria schwab!!! again!!! for the third time!
- tears. lots of crying. this freaking book 0.0 *SCREAMS*
- kate was so much more likable in this book.
- and august was still amazing, but ODD was more focused on Kate than August.
- i can’t believe this duology is over :((
08. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- BEAUTIFUL WRITING
- lazlo is a GREAT character and kinda reminds me of newt scamander
- a verrry long book, so buckle down and get ready.
- the ending killed me.
- the magic was so weird but so wonderful.