hope your new years was wonderful, and here’s to a productive and fulfilling 2018. i love recounting my goals from the previous year and making new ones because somehow, writing down my goals makes me more determined to achieve them.
i can’t believe it’s been nearly a year since i wrote my goals for 2017 post. it’s crazy. time has flown by, and so much has changed. but let’s not get sentimental and sad! let’s get into my goals.
goals from last year
- remain blogging this whole year. i did it!! i celebrated my first blogaversary in september, and it was awesome. i’m really proud of myself.
- (try to) blog 2 times a week. uhh mostly?? i even blogged three times a week some weeks, but then again i basically took november + december off. but i’ll say that i achieved it.
- read 60+ books this year. YES. i read 85 books this year, and i’m happy with that. i know that 2018 will be much busier than 2017 though, and i won’t be able to read 85 books sadly. :((
- reread 10 books this year. uhh i really don’t know?? i didn’t keep track!
- reach 500 followers on my bookstagram. HAHA no. i didn’t post most of the year and i’ve come to the conclusion that bookstagram is not for me…especially when i moved into boarding school.
- reach 100 followers on my blog. I DID IT. i have about 200 followers on my various platforms, and i know i would have more if i moved to wordpress sooner, but i’m happy with what i have now.
- read Maggie Stiefvater’s books. lollll 2017 madeline. YOU’VE READ LITERALLY ALL OF MAGGIE’S BOOKS AND THEY’RE ALL AWESOME. GOOD JOB.
- learn a lot more about graphic design. kinda?? i definitely did some more, as well as designing some stuff for other people *winky wink*
goals for 2018
- reach 500 followers on the blog. hey hey. i know this is a reach, but i think we can do it. i know i need to work on marketing myself some more and commenting on other blogs, and that’s also included in this goal.
- post twice a week. this will be a little tough, but in order to grow my blog and it’s community, i know i need to post consistently. also try to consistently post once a week on twirling pages!
- start answering comments again. oops i stopped answering comments a little while ago during my little hiatus and i’m so sorry!
- COMMENT ON OTHERS’ BLOG POSTS.
- try to review more books on goodreads. because at this point in time i’m really just rating them and forgetting about it. it’s so bad i’m sorry.
- ok maybe branch out into different types of content creation. podcasting, video-making, etc?? SHOULD I DO IT let me know in the comments.
- change up my photography style a little bit. i want all those ~autumn aesthetic vibez~ yo
- read 50 books. based on my reading habits this fall, i’m not thinking that i will be able to read 85 books. maybeeee but probably not.
- read more diverse books. i’m not sure what what happened but i’m suddenly much more passionate about diverse books especially since i realized there aren’t many books with biracial MCs.
- receive and request more ARCs. maybe??
- embark on outlining/writing a novel (75,000 words?) i simply want to see if i can do it. it doesn’t even have to be good or be entered into any type of competition. i just want to draft and edit something I PERSONALLY love.
real life goals
- run a sub 5:50 mile in track.
- just run a heck ton.
- make more art and expand my skillset.
- work hard in school and appreciate the time i have in boarding school.
- dwell less on the negatives of a situation and instead be grateful for the positives.
- be less obsessive about things and live in the present (instead of my own head, the past, or the future)
- in conclusion, i want to do things because I WANT TO, not other people. my life should not be all about attempting to please every single person ever. i want to become even more independent in 2018 and find out more about who the heck i am.
happy 2018, everyone.
what are some of your goals for the new year? do you have any posts (or new mediums of content) you want to see from me this year? ARE YOU EXCITED FOR 2018?